The Musings of One Miss Julie

Sunday, October 16, 2005

Something in the Air, Part 2

I didn't start a new project last night after all. Remember this and then this? Well, some of the yarn I am using for the new wrap was among the desecrated -- in fact, it's the silver gray yarn that's stretched from the floor to the couch. It took me a while last night to put it to rights. (It strikes me that I should post a new photo of my living room now that we have new carpet, freshly painted walls, and new furniture.) And then today I lost the bug to start a new project so I dove into the cables on the back of my cabled vest instead.

Early this afternoon Scott announced that he'd like some banana bread. I, being a lover of baking and almost anything made from butter, sugar, and flour, was only too happy to comply. Besides, he so rarely asks me to bake for him that I headed straight for the mixing bowls.


I tried a new recipe and baked my loaf in a different pan than usual. My favorite resource for inspired basics, The Ultimate Southern Living Cookbook, didn't let me down. The recipe was simple, rich in bananas, and without a lot of extravagant and unnecessary ingredients. I like my banana bread stripped down without cinnamon, nutmeg, or other spices.

Usually I bake the bread in a 8.5" x 4.5" metal loaf pan. Today I tried my Chantal loaf pan, which is glazed stonewear and 10.5" long, so my bread wasn't as tall. In any case, the crust got nice and crusty. I think I've got a new favorite quick-bread pan.

This is going to be super-crazy-busy week at work and in my extra-curriculars, so I expect the cooking and knitting urge will be put on the back burner, so to speak.

2 Comments:

At 10/18/2005 10:29 AM, Blogger Heidi said...

I'm not sure how you feel about zucchini bread. I just made a simple one and it was really good. But banana bread is wonderful too, in all forms!

 
At 10/18/2005 6:04 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Mmmmm ... banana bread. That sounds good. My mom always makes pumpkin bread and banana bread for Thanksgiving. YUM!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home