The Musings of One Miss Julie

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

A Quiet Re-Entry

Since I've been away so long, it's rather ridiculous even to attempt to catch up my zero readers with what's been going on while I was away. And since I have zero readers, and I already know what I've been doing for all this time, it only reaffirms my point.

Anyway...

I've been doing a bit of sewing lately. I'm not to the sewing part just yet, but I did cut out a wee romper for Megan the other day. I'm using
Butterick pattern 4966, the little ruffly-sleeved shortalls shown in yellow in the illustration.

I found a lovely, funky-mod geometric circle patterned seersucker cotton in my favorite shades of lime green and pink. I found
this photo of the fabric at the Hancock Fabrics site, and while it doesn't do the print justice, it's a taste. The fabric speaks to my Lilly Pulitzer-loving soul.

It's been loads of fun creating something again, but based on some disappointing past experiences with fitting, I'm crossing my fingers so hard I'm losing circulation hoping that the outfit won't make my 19-month-old Megan look like a barge.


Here's a picture of my dill, Meg, experiencing the joys of Play-Doh for the first time today.



2 Comments:

At 4/23/2008 12:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have at least one reader! me!

More bebe pictures! More julie musings! I love them!

Exclamation point!!

 
At 4/24/2008 11:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hay---

I want a credit on the photo. I'm not asking for royalties just a credit.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home