The Musings of One Miss Julie

Friday, March 03, 2006

Dusting Off Ye Olde Blog...

...but not for long.

Yep, I took a break. But I've got happy news to share.

Those January blahs I reported last time were as much to do with the fact that it was January and blah-ish but also because I was experiencing the fatigue and other symptoms common in the early weeks of pregnancy.

It's true. At the end of January Scott and I learned the happy news that our wee household would soon be adding another member. I anticipate that September 2006 is going to open a whole new world to me for the rest of my life, and I couldn't be happier about it.

So far things are progressing just fabulously. Other than weeks of unbelievable tiredness and some other mild symptoms, I've felt pretty good. I express my gratitude almost every day that I don't feel nauseous and have experienced no morning sickness.

Last week Scott and I heard our baby's heart beat. All we could do was clutch at each other's hands, get misty in the eyes, and try not to blubber uncontrollably in front of the doctor. It was all so beautiful and magical.

Now that I'm feeling more like myself again, with renewed energy and vigor, I figured it was time for a post. But it will be another shorter -- I hope much shorter -- span before I write again. Tomorrow Scott and I head to Orlando for a full-blown family trip. My folks rented a place where we can all fit, so we're heading down to meet my sis, my brother and his wife, and my parents for what should be a blast of familial good times.

In the meantime, I know I'm going to battle sleeplessness tonight as I 1) worry about whether the Northwest Airlines pilots are going to strike, thereby preventing a smooth beginning to my trip and 2) try to get my childish excitement about going to Disney World under control. "It's a Small World" here I come!

6 Comments:

At 3/04/2006 10:44 AM, Blogger Heidi said...

Congratulations Julie!!!

I don't have any more plans to come over your way until after my own kid is hatched, but for sure we gotta get together for (decaf) coffee or something! I could totally share baby stuff with you too, if you want, since I seem to have a whole lot of non-breeding friends these days. Take care!

 
At 3/04/2006 2:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Julie! I was wondering where you've been...such wonderful news! Congratulations to you and your husband.
And enjoy DisneyWorld now. It's a whole different experience with kids. ;-)

 
At 3/05/2006 11:48 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

That is exciting news! Congrats to you & Mr. Julie. :) Have fun on your trip ...

 
At 3/27/2006 4:44 PM, Blogger Scott said...

Check out http://isgriggbabies.blogspot.com/ for news and info on the babies. Yes I did say Babies.

http://isgriggbabies.blogspot.com/

 
At 3/31/2006 9:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Julie, I'm not sure how to email you personally, so I thought I'd leave a comment for my goil. Congratulations on the babies!! I am due (sorry, only one for us) on September 6 although I'd expect you to deliver before I do. Email me at jlfrese@gmail.com so we can get caught up on life. Yeah, I found Julie again!
Janet (Tate) Frese

 
At 4/09/2006 9:57 AM, Blogger bexala said...

Time for an update, sis. I miss your writing.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home