The Musings of One Miss Julie

Thursday, January 05, 2006

A Melancholy Update

Gentle readers, to put you out of your misery because I left you with quite the cliffhanger last time, I've got pseudo-news on the State of the Sweater Vest.

I still haven't actually done anything by means of progress, but I gave myself time to have a good think. As a result, I believe I figured out what contributed to the linebacker effect I experienced at first try-on. I must have picked up too many stitches around the armholes.

Note the flaring that's visible on the armband (see fig. a).

flaring armbands
The common-sense solution would be just to dive in, take out the stitches, and make the necessary repairs. The Miss Julie solution is to let the sweater vest stew for a bit longer, procrastinate as long as possible, and finish the sweater in July -- when wool sweaters are just the thing.

Between watching hours and hours of Lost - Season 1 (so many hours that I've had quite disturbed sleep), I picked up a few new projects. I'm making the Rib and Cable socks from the Fall 2005 Interweave Knits. Here it is in all its after-dark, incandescent-lit glory.

Cuffs
It's my first sock ever. I had no idea that two inches of ribbing could thrill me so. And I'm counting on it only getting better. If I do have any trouble (I've heard talk of tricky turns at the heel), at least there are no shoulders or armbands to botch.

1 Comments:

At 1/08/2006 1:11 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

The socks are looking good! : ) I have heard that socks are fun to knit ... but I haven't given it a try.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home