The Musings of One Miss Julie

Wednesday, December 14, 2005

I Know What I'm Getting for Christmas

Mum instructed me to get one of my own Christmas gifts, so I did. It arrived today. I admit it: I peeked. Knitting Over the Edge by Nicky Epstein is just too delicious to resist. I wonder if I'll go through the charade of acting surprised on Christmas morning. I suppose it won't be too difficult to muster up some excitement for this book, though, considering it contains instructions for the coolest fringed scarf I've ever seen.

I have a week off from work beginning next Wednesday. I'm plotting and scheming what my next knitting project will be. I thought I had it all figured out: I was going to use the hot pink yarn from the last post to make the Point Five Pullover from The Yarn Girls' Guide to Simple Knits. I've also been thinking about venturing into colorwork. Scott and I went to Frankenmuth (a place I secretly love) this weekend where he saw a fabulous Dale of Norway sweater that he begged me to make for him. Add that to the lovely colorwork stocking Jan at Be*mused made, and I'm stuck.

Alas, I guess I should concentrate on finishing the sweater vest. I stalled out because I can't figure out what seaming method to use for reverse stockinette. Does anybody out there have any suggestions? I'm particularly befuddled by how to stitch the shoulder seams together invisibly.

2 Comments:

At 12/15/2005 1:56 PM, Blogger Heidi said...

I secretly love Frankenmuth too. We should start a support group. Kern's sausage, anyone?

As for seaming reverse stockinette, I can't find "The Knitter's Book of Finishing Techniques" (the horror!) but a couple ideas come to mind.

1. Could you pick out the bind-offs and put the two seams back on the needles, then do a three-needle bind-off?

2. How about crocheting the seam?

You could always go all 1980s on it and put the seam on the right side.

 
At 12/23/2005 7:01 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Merry Christmas to you! : ) Hope Santa is good to you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home