The Musings of One Miss Julie

Friday, December 02, 2005

An Actual Finished Project

As actual proof that I may be the slowest knitter in the whole wide world, I present this finished garter-stitch scarf, which I started about a year ago. Granted, I did unravel everything at one point and start again (about 10 inches of work). But really, should it take a body this long to make a scarf?


It's a bit more than 6 feet long, 3 inches wide, and made with size 10 needles using some Haitian cotton I bought on the cheap at Yarnia. I particularly love how the dusty-dull teals, tans, and brick-reds of it occasionally transform into silky-shiny versions of themselves.

I'm still procrastinating on the cabled vest. Anytime the picking up of stitches is involved I cringe. I may face it tonight, though. I've got some time to kill while we hang out around the house until 9:30. We're going to see my man Brendan Benson play a show in Ann Arbor and he probably won't hit the stage until 11oo.

I hope I can stay awake that long.

1 Comments:

At 12/04/2005 6:11 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I like the scarf ... pretty yarn. I feel like I am the slowest knitter on the planet. Maybe we should have a knit off! ; )

How was the concert?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home