The Musings of One Miss Julie

Saturday, September 10, 2005

Stylin'

What was intended to be a quiet, relaxing Thursday evening turned out to be not so relaxing and rather painful. While letting Groucho the Wonderpooch out for his nightly trip outside, I stepped funny off the stair of our deck into the yard.

A trip to urgent care that night and a couple of doctor visits yesterday morning later and I'm now harnessed into this rather fashionable foam-and-plastic ensemble for the next few weeks. Oy. Hobbling about on crutches is a slow and sometimes humbling mode of transportation for me. Due to significant hearing loss my sense of balance is lackluster on good days so I have to laugh at how I must look clutching walls and other stationery objects just to stay upright.

Scott is a big one for believing that things happen for a reason. I grin when I think that maybe the reason was because he was intended to wait on me and attend to my every need. He's been a super nurse, but it's still a lesson in patience for this lady who usually prefers to do everything for herself. I'll have to get used to having a chauffeur, too, since it's my driving foot that's out of commission.

2 Comments:

At 9/10/2005 3:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aww, Julie...what a shame! Hope the recovery is quick and *uneventful*.

 
At 9/10/2005 11:33 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Oh no! That stinks. One good thing ... you'll have more time to knit, right?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home