The Musings of One Miss Julie

Thursday, September 15, 2005

A Little Hiatus

This last week has been eventful for me and my family. My ankle sprain was only a small part of it.

On Tuesday, my grandpa, who suffered from dementia for so long, passed away. I never knew that dementia was such a cruel disease until I saw how it ravaged him. While I'm very sad about Grandpa's death, I also see something in his passing to celebrate, albeit quietly. As a believer in heaven, I have faith that he's whole again.

I'm going to be a way for a little bit. Resting, swapping stories and memories, and spending lots of cozy time with my family are on the schedule. Now go out there and hug somebody you love.

2 Comments:

At 9/16/2005 12:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear of your loss, Julie. Even when it's expected, these times are hard.

 
At 9/19/2005 10:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Julie,
I'm sorry to leave a comment like this on a post of such significance, but I have no other way of getting a hold of you. It's me, am, from college. Do you remember me?

I was watching a video I made back in the day and saw you and realized how much I just adored you and was sad I lost touch after college. In fact, I don't much talk to anyone from school any more (besides drew and jason now and then).

I hope you're doing well and that you're spending good time with your family healing.
If you want to keep in touch, email me at imacolatazombie@comcast.net

take care!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home