The Musings of One Miss Julie

Monday, August 22, 2005

An Ode to the Angora Goat

Well, maybe not.

Yesterday my chum and I took in the thrills that are found only at the Michigan Fiber Fest. I don't know what was better, the herding dog demonstration (which always gets my heart pumping) or the lovely chat we had with a goat farmer. His angoras had won the top prizes of the day, so we were definitely in the presence of an authority when he spoke about the qualities that make a goat a good, er, show goat. Here I am, not looking my best, but delighted to be in such fine company all the same.

I also bought some yarn, though I nearly left with nothing. I bought these two lovelies on the way out, and now I'm wondering if the woman I bought from has any more.

I came home looking for something to make with the yarn and figured that if I had just a few more skeins that I could make this sweater, which I've loved for ages, from The Yarn Girls' Guide to Simple Knits. What do you think? I haven't tested the gauge yet, but I presume it's close.

1 Comments:

At 8/25/2005 10:07 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Ewww - I love that pink. Very nice color. : ) Maybe next year I will make it to the MFF.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home