The Musings of One Miss Julie

Saturday, August 20, 2005

Harvest, Pt. I

My first tomato! All season I've said I would be happy if I got just one to ripen, and now here I am. Our little garden plot is a sad and neglected thing this year. All the action's been taking place in the house, what with ripping out the floor, replacing all the doors and trim, and now repainting pretty much the whole house so we've not had the time or energy to maintain the yard.

I shall ignore the wilting and sorry tomato vines in the back yard and instead sink my teeth into this juicy red wonder and smile.

1 Comments:

At 8/20/2005 10:55 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I recently plucked one just like that off of our tomato plant. This hasn't been a great year for our veggies. Meanwhile, my next door neighbor is picking 3 huge cukes on what seems like a daily basis. (sigh)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home