The Musings of One Miss Julie

Monday, August 15, 2005

The Apprentice

Whew! Things have been busy here at Chez Julie. Not much knitting to report (except the ripping out and re-knitting of a few frustrating rows of Branching Out).

Scott and I are just two days away from a kitchen floor. So while Scott's been using the saw, I've been the Carpenter's Little Helper. (I'm really favoring Scott with the title of "carpenter," but he deserves it for how hard he tries.) Most of the time my primary task during such jobs is to pick up nails, do the vacuuming, pick up more nails, and be the stalwart encourager. This time I've been in the thick of it; I even got to use the nail gun. The power! The rush!

Tonight I've been caulking around our new baseboard trim, a first for me and a wholly satisfying job since I discovered that caulk and I get along brilliantly. And now, even though it's nearly 10oo p.m., I'm about to bust out the paint brushes and rollers and go to town on the kitchen wainscoting.

We're so close to enjoying life sans sawdust, splinters, and other various construction detritus. Just a few more weeks -- and probably a few more splinters in my, ahem, backside from scooting along the floor sanding and painting.

2 Comments:

At 8/17/2005 11:17 AM, Blogger Barrie said...

That lace scarf should be sooo perty. Maybe us bloggers will all bump into each other at the Festival. Can't wait!

Peace.

 
At 8/18/2005 10:00 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Have fun at the fiber fest! I am jealous of the fun & finds. : )

 

Post a Comment

<< Home