The Musings of One Miss Julie

Thursday, August 11, 2005

10 Days and Counting

Since my inaugural visit to the Michigan Fiber Festival last year, I've been planning my return visit. For the last few weeks, I've wracked my brain trying to think of someone who I could ask to join me since all of my usual go-alongers had other plans. Going alone would have been fine but sometimes you just like an amiga to share the fun with. Today I have fantastic news!

My friend Jenna, who lives in Colorado, will be arriving in town the day before I plan to attend the festival. Our friendship is intrinsically linked to the road trips we took together in college. And now we're taking one more.

On Sunday, August 21, we'll hit the road for that two-hour drive -- windows down, iPod kicking out the tunes, and our two enthusiastic but imperfect voices wailing along. We'll have all day to catch up since it's been a year since our last visit. And there will be pounds and pounds of lust-worthy yarns to fondle and live alpacas to coo over.

2 Comments:

At 8/14/2005 6:45 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Sounds like a lot of fun! : ) Gotta love a road trip & singing along with a good friend.

 
At 8/19/2005 12:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

well duh, I wasn't paying attention over here or I would have known you weren't coming until Sunday. One of these days we'll get to meet, since the in-laws are only a few blocks from you. Hope you have a great time!!

Heidi

 

Post a Comment

<< Home