The Musings of One Miss Julie

Thursday, July 07, 2005

Yummy!

I've got food on the brain today.

First, I saw Heidi's post about her brave attempt to say no to refined sugar all next week. Yowsa! That's a bit punishing for my tastes, but I admire her courage and wish her well all the same.

Still, thinking of her didn't stop me from whipping up a batch of Ben's Chocolate Ice Cream from my favorite ice-creamy idea book, Ben & Jerry's Ice Cream & Dessert Book. And as I poured in that full cup of sugar, followed soon after by a full cup of heavy whipping cream, I could only sigh and smile. I'm taking it to a birthday celebration at work, along with some brownies and sundae fixin's. Now I just need to hope that enough people are still on extended Fourth of July vacations and therefore aren't Lean Cuisine-ing the communal freezer, leaving no room for my ice cream.

Second, my sister emailed me today with a happy announcement: Penzey's is finally coming to Southeast Michigan! Now I can drive to get my spices -- inhaling what must surely be a delectable aroma -- instead of ordering through the catalog. It's going to be heavenly.

2 Comments:

At 7/07/2005 10:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are going to LOVE Penzey's! Didn't have one in Cleveland, but there's one here in Indy.

 
At 7/08/2005 1:41 PM, Blogger Heidi said...

I have a Penzey's in my neighborhood. Ohhh it's awesome! And frankly, I don't think the prices are any higher than what you'd pay in the supermarket--but the quality is a lot better. Plus it's fun to buy one vanilla bean, because you feel like it.

Now stop tempting me with descriptions of treats!! :)

Heidi

 

Post a Comment

<< Home