The Musings of One Miss Julie

Saturday, July 16, 2005

As for Me, It's Over

Scott and I did the Midnight Magic Party thing last night for the release of Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince. I've worked for Borders through the release of at least four Harry books now and I'm embarrassed to admit this was the first release party I went to.

We picked up Scott's copy at the downtown Ann Arbor store, where I thought they had a good handle on things. We were number 265 in line and there were probably still several hundred after us waiting. It was actually quite fun to be part of and feel that frisson of excitement that just hung in the air. And even though I sometimes roll my eyes at the hype that little guy Harry receives, I do really like that people are so excited about and feel such a connection with a book.

And now, I can happily bow out of this round of Harry Potter craziness at work. Who knows, I may blog about Book 7 some day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home