The Musings of One Miss Julie

Tuesday, June 07, 2005

So Much To Do

We've got chums coming in to visit us from Syracuse this weekend and we couldn't be more delighted. We also couldn't be more foolish: We're trying to accomplish three years' worth of home repairs in the span of one week. We've already had to pare back our list, but I know more tasks are going to get cut as Saturday draws nearer.

Since this blog is about keeping it real, I post a picture of my Green Room, which also happens to be where my friends will be staying this weekend. (What do you think, Marth? And sis, if you're reading, has your pulse steadied yet?)

I hope I don't need to assure my gentle readers that the rest of my house does not look like this. I also realize I will have to post a follow-up photo to redeem myself.

We really ought to have guests stay in that room more often. That way, I could actually use my room as the studio I always dreamed it would be instead of a slapdash repository for everything I don't have a place for.

But I can't end on that downer. I also show a detail of my freshly painted bathroom wall, with the chair rail I had so much fun choosing. You'll have to use your imaginations a bit: the colors are a bit more periwinkle and the nail will be tapped in and spackled.

The room is just gorgeous and serene. And once the plumber comes tomorrow and installs our new pedestal sink, we'll be almost finished. It's going to be so great to see the dream I've had for the last two-and-a-half years be a reality. Plus it feels great to get that brand-new sink and toilet and other bathroom hardware out of the basement, where it's been mouldering away waiting for me to stop procrastinating. In any case, I'll post another picture of the wall later after I've had a chance to sponge the darker blue half with the lovely irridescent glaze I picked out.

Only four days left to get it all finished!

2 Comments:

At 6/08/2005 12:12 PM, Blogger bexala said...

Ah yes, the green room. You'll get it done, sis. :-) Wish I could come over and help you organize. That would be bliss for me. In the words of your Friday post title "Heaven, I'm in heaven..." when I'm organizing things.

 
At 6/10/2005 2:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the colour of the green wall. Thanks for the comment about the embroideries - very much appreciated.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home