The Musings of One Miss Julie

Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Pick-Up-And-Knit Scaredies

Yay, me. I finished all the foundation knitting for the little sweater on Sunday. I made myself sit still in one place and actually finish it. It's super-duper hard for me not to do things based on whether I feel like it.

I know I should continue working on it tonight because I've just the finishing. But I'm giving in to my I-don't-feel-like-its and piling up with some escapist reading I picked up at the library. I worked a 16-hour day yesterday and feel a bit worn out, so I'll not self-inflict the guilt over two days of no knitting.

I need to pick up and knit the stitches around the neck and, frankly, I'm scared. I've only ever picked up stitches with the assistance of my knitting teacher. But class is out now and I'm on my own. My favorite knitting guide, that trusty Vogue book, has some good illustrations on the how-tos, but it's lacking in advice on how to know how many stitches and where to pick them up from.

If I didn't hate having to tear out and re-do as much as I do, I'd just jump in. Guess that's what I'll have to do anyway or I'll never get anywhere. I haven't let myself work on any other projects until I get this puppy done. The agony! Must. Finish. This. Thing. Soon.

1 Comments:

At 5/22/2005 11:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi was tryinh to look up pick up and knit and found your comments i am in exactly the same situation and have no idea how to do it my sweather is all knit except for the putting together hope you have success

 

Post a Comment

<< Home