The Musings of One Miss Julie

Friday, May 20, 2005

Groucho, P.I.



Here's Groucho the Wonderpooch, seen modeling his little trench coat that my sister gave him. As you can see, it's a bit biggish. And the smaller size is a little too small, so we're going to have to hit the racks again in search of the perfect outerwear for the resident canine.

The other night I suffered some knitting frustration, but I think I'm back on track. When I finally braved the pick-up-and-knits, I wondered why I couldn't come anywhere near the number of stitches I was supposed to have. I had a "Well, duh!" moment and figured out that I picked up stitches on the front of the sweater and the instructions I read were for the back of the sweater. Brilliant, Julie.

I was encouraged, however, to discover that I had actually picked up the correct number of stitches for the front piece! I just had to tear out a few rows to insert a buttonhole I had missed. And when I started binding off, sighing a satisfied sigh that I had accomplished my goal, I tore it all out again because I didn't like how my stitches lined up at the edge of the fabric.

I'm bound and determined to get it just right tonight. Fourth time is a charm, I'm hoping. And since I know what I'm doing, I should be able to pick up the stitches for both pieces tonight so I can start seaming it all together. All told, picking up and knitting isn't so bad. I don't know why I was so jibber-jabbery.

P.S. Have you checked out this fun little tid-bit from Brawny, the paper towel maker? Even with the subtle use of paper towel in each of the clips, the super-sensitive strapping man in flannel provides plenty of feel-goodness after a long day. The "random breakdown" segment spoke to me in particular.

1 Comments:

At 5/23/2005 11:27 AM, Blogger bexala said...

Too bad the coat doesn't fit better, sis. But he still looks mighty cute!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home