The Musings of One Miss Julie

Wednesday, January 19, 2005

My First Hat

Last summer when Scott and I were up at his family's cottage on Lake Huron, I visited the little yarn shop I had discovered the summer before. The first time I visited, I was too shy about buying some of the owner's handspun and hand-dyed yarn, but not the second time.

The two skeins of purple wool I bought (that the shop owner had harvested from her own Tunis sheep named Molly) were just lovely, but I didn't know how I was going to use only two skeins. Enter a really cinchy hat pattern from The Yarn Girls' Guide to Simple Knits.

I started the hat last weekend while taking the train to Chicago. I finished the ribbing, and only just started the stockinette this week. It should fly once I settle in and work on it. I'm just wishing now I had finished it sooner, what with all the single-digit and below-zero temps we've had around here lately.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home