The Musings of One Miss Julie

Friday, December 03, 2004

Things I (Ahem) Didn't Finish by Thanksgiving

This is a toughie to admit, but of the seven items I listed in my last post, I only finished one of them. Can you guess which? That's right, the Halloween decorations returned to their home in the cabinet and the basement, and the sorry bowl of yellow and green Laffy Taffy (who eats those flavors anyway?), hardened Tootsie Rolls, and broken rolls of Smarties headed to the trash.


I'm trying to work my way through the other tasks -- still -- and I hope to finish at least some of them soon. Admittedly, though, the exercise task doesn't really have a finite deadline. I've made some good headway on the bathroom and I'll have pictures to post soon.


Knitwise, I'm sad to report that I broke one of my size 5 Denise Interchangeable needles. I'm thrilled with my set and I recommend it to everyone. But there I was last week in my knitting class working away on my ChicKami when -- SNAP -- the poor thing split in two. Just yesterday I sent it off to the friendly folks at Denise hoping to get a replacement. I hope it arrives soon so that I can keep on working. I've gotta finish that sweater by springtime so I can loll around in the sun with my bare shoulders.

1 Comments:

At 12/13/2004 12:29 PM, Blogger Heidi said...

Hi Julie,

Hope your holiday knitting is going okay. It's that crazy time of year!

I'll be in Canton for a few days up to and including the weekend of New Year's Eve, if you are around. Maybe we can meet in a cafe in Plymouth for some knitting or something. (Are there any decent places to sit and knit in Canton?)

:)
Heidi

 

Post a Comment

<< Home