The Musings of One Miss Julie

Tuesday, October 05, 2004

A Whale of a Tale

Last Thursday, I was driving in my car and I had reached my destination, but the story I listened to on the radio was so compelling I had what NPR calls a "driveway moment."


Apparently a 60ish surfer out in California was just paddling along on his board when he was lifted out of the water and carried along for a bit on the back of a whale. He received no injuries (other than a pinched finger, poor dude), and he never left his surfboard.


I was so mesmerized by the story, I just had to share it here. You can read more in this newspaper article, or listen to the radio story as I heard it.


In knitting news, I'm making progress on my Chickami. I switched to the lighter shade of blue last night at my weekly knitting class. I've got about seven inches more to go before I'm using only the white yarn. Pictures to come.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home