The Musings of One Miss Julie

Tuesday, October 26, 2004

Summer and Winter


Although I have been crazy busy at work these last two months, and will be for the forseeable future, I have found a bit of time to continue along on my ChicKami. I'm guessing I'm about 2/3 finished.


I've switched to the lighter blue yarn now, which I continue to like. I'm only a little nervous that the fabric may be a little too stiff since I'm knitting with two strands of yarn. I've always liked my clothes a bit more structured, so I may be worrying for naught.



I also started knitting the scarf for my cousin. She picked out some fun furry yarn in a couple different colors to create a bold, color-blocked effect. Because the yarn is so furry, I actually have to pay attention to what I'm doing. The first time I started it, I started with 30 stitches. A few rows in I checked to make sure I was on track, to discover that I had added 8 stitches along the way. Since casting on again, I haven't had any trouble. I'm hoping to finish this scarf for her before Thanksgiving so she can wow the rest of her middle-school buddies with her stylishness for the duration of the long Michigan winter.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home