The Musings of One Miss Julie

Saturday, October 16, 2004

A New Knitter on the Make?

Today I took my little cousin (well, she's not so little, she's about 12) to the Old Village Yarn Shop to pick out some yarn for a scarf she asked me to make her. We spent a leisurely hour together wandering about and fondling lots of yarns until she finally spotted the one she was sure she loved.


She chose some lovely furry novelty yarn in a couple of bright colors to create a striped scarf. The whole day was just so pleasant and enjoyable. Not only did I get to bury my mitts into luscious quantities of fibrous goodness, but Rachel got to experience her first forays into a yarn shop.


I'm going to make this scarf for her, but I've promised that next time we meet we'll have a knitting lesson.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home