The Musings of One Miss Julie

Sunday, September 26, 2004

Cheap Thrills

LaraI got my fall Patternworks catalog early this week. I don't know about other yarn lovers, but anytime I get a new yarn catalog, I simply can't let it go.


Usually for the first two weeks I have it, it sits on the kitchen table within easy reach so that I can browse every morning as I eat my bowl of cereal. And even though I may have already thumbed through the pages 20 times, I still find something new and fascinating to capture my attention.


It's not good for my Must-Have-o-Meter, however, since these days tight budget restraints limit our household spending to just the essentials. So while my heart yearns for new fabulousness, the moths hanging out around my wallet keep me realistic.



I'm sure anyone who has eyes has noticed the shopping malls bursting with ponchos this year, and Patternworks shares it own offering of patterns for the armless pull-overs. But it was the Debbie Bliss Alpaca Silk book that most captured my attention. I love the jacket, named Lara, I show today.


Though I've not yet had the pleasure of handling the Baby Alpaca Silk yarn, I have been really wanting to try a garment using alpaca yarn, so maybe this will be it.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home