The Musings of One Miss Julie

Monday, September 27, 2004

Ah, Youth

For the last few days I've been doing lots of freelance writing and editing. Usually it's not always the most adrenaline-inspiring work (maybe qualitative research trade magazines get some folks' blood pumping, but not mine), but this weekend I had the fun task of writing little bio blurbs for some high-school soccer players.


I was commissioned to write and design a little booklet for the graduating seniors that will be distributed on Saturday as part of a little recognition event the school does. I was working from a stack of questionnaires the players filled out so I could have ideas about what to say about them. I've never met any of these players nor do I know anything about soccer, so I'm a perfect choice for the task, eh?


Well, clearly some of these fellas don't know who they're dealing with, because I pride myself on my fact-checking. So when I saw the name "Peter North" appear as several of the players' personal heroes, I started wondering. A Google search later, and I discovered that Mr. North was none other than a rising star in the adult film industry. Ha ha, boys.n (I realize that all my talk of adult films, etc. could bring some interesting folks to my blog. Welcome!)


When all is said and done, I had a delightful time writing sincere, yet also slightly mocking blurbs about some of these guys. I mean, they're just so pompous they need to be made fun of! And when a couple of the parents reviewed my first draft of the booklet today, it not only passed muster, but they liked what I did.


Gee, this all sounds boastful. But really I just had so much fun with it, that it's still in the forefront of my mind.


Well, I'm outta here. I've got 17 minutes to get to my weekly knitting class.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home