The Musings of One Miss Julie

Friday, August 06, 2004

Tres Chic!



As you can see, I've got quite a bit more to go on the ChicKami. I've been a bit distracted from her for a while, but I've finally attended all the summer's weddings and major events so I can once again return my focus.


Isn't it strange how even though there are things you know about yourself, they're so easy to overlook -- and sometimes even forget? When I chose the yarn for this little strappy tank, I gravitated to the cotton yarn -- again -- even though I'd sworn off that fiber for a while. But sure enough, here I am with the cotton again. It's not that I don't enjoy working with it, but until I had knit with wool and experienced its joys, I didn't know what I'd been missing.


But then I went and purchased a giant lot of Enzo Lucci Long Island Cotton (which I think must be a Phildar brand spin-off because some of the skeins were labeled Phildar) on eBay and I had no choice but to try and dig in. I've seen so many other knitters using the Onde yarn lately. I liked its fade-away characteristics, so that's what I'm trying to mimic. When I finish this skein of blue, I'm going to switch to a lighter shade to create a similar effect. It won't be as gradual a gradient, but I think it's got potential.


1 Comments:

At 8/06/2004 5:41 PM, Blogger Queenie said...

I just had to let you know that I love the name of your blog.

Q

 

Post a Comment

<< Home